Career Opportunities at MGT
We are always interested in adding high quality individuals to our team. Many of the team members at MGT bring years of experience from the casino/hospitality industry. If you like working with people, have a sense of adventure and have a desire to advance your current skills to a new level, please respond with your resume complete with work history and salary requirements.
Help Desk Support/Installation Technicians
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Proficiency in MS SQL server, query, relational database concepts, Reporting Services, etc.
- Advanced knowledge and experience with MS Windows Server 2003/2008 and MS Windows XP/7, and general Windows networking and Active Directory concepts.
- Familiarity with basic TCP/IP networking.
- General PC Hardware and peripheral experience, i.e. card swipes, touchscreens, printers, PC hardware, etc.
- Ability to quickly adapt to unforeseen challenges, work unsupervised, and meet customer expectations.
- Professional appearance
Additionally, the following qualifications are desirable:
- Familiar in VB/ASP/ASP.Net and web development
- Experience with Flash Development and support.
- Casino experience strongly preferred.
- Four year degree or equivalent experience in relevant field.
Candidates may be required to obtain and maintain Gaming Licenses in multiple jurisdictions, so a clean background is essential. A drug screening and background check is required prior to and at any time during your employment.
Email your resume to email@example.com
The Network Administrator’s role is to plan and coordinate the design, installation, and connectivity of computer and network systems to ensure the stable operation of the organization’s IT assets. This includes developing, configuring, maintaining, supporting and optimizing all new and existing network hardware, software, and communication links. This person will also ensure the stability and integrity of in-house voice, data, and wireless network services. This is achieved by planning, designing, and developing local area networks (LANs) and wide area networks (WANs) across the organization. In addition, the Network Administrator will participate with the installation, monitoring, maintenance, support, and optimization of all network hardware, software, and communication links. This person will also troubleshoot network performance issues, as well as analyze network traffic and provide capacity planning solutions. This individual shall analyze and resolve wireless local area networks (WLAN) hardware, software problems in a timely and accurate fashion, and provide end-user training where required. The Network Administrator is also responsible for the organization’s telecommunications infrastructure which includes diagnosing, upgrading, and optimizing all telephone systems and services, voicemail, and VoIP/IP-PBX communication systems.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
· Manages all company LANs, WANs, and WLANs, including servers, routers, hubs, switches, UPSs and other hardware including installation, configuration and maintenance
· Develops and maintains network security procedures. Adds, removes, and changes authorities for network users
· Resolves problems reported by end users for local and wide area networks, personal computers, networking equipment (switches, routers, etc.) Provides answers to complex questions related to these systems
· Monitors and measures the performance of the network; reports problems to the appropriate individuals
· Researches, plans and oversees network and telephone system replacements and upgrades
· Maintains documentation of the network, telecommunications and telephone systems
· Establishes and maintains contact with vendors for support and problem resolution
Trains users in the use of commercial, off the shelf software and hardware